This is the second phase in our application process. Only a limited number of organizations that submit a Letter of Interest are invited to participate in this phase. To avoid wasted effort, please do not submit a full application without our invitation. Click here for our Grant Guidelines.
Applicants should refer to the letter or email received from the Foundation inviting a full proposal for specific information regarding deadlines, a site visit, and questions particular to that request. Please contact us with questions.
- Applicants should only submit a full application to the Foundation if they have been invited to do so (see Letters of Interest).
- We believe that a strong application is concise, non-repetitive, and contains a level of detail appropriate to the complexity of the project and amount of funds requested. Please limit the page-count accordingly. Remember that we are reading many applications at once, and that unnecessary length makes it harder for us to get at the information we really need.
- Submit only one copy of the application and supporting materials (electronic or hardcopy – no folders, covers or binders please).
- Attachments: In general, collateral materials tend not to add meaningful substance to the applications we receive. Instead they add unnecessary pages and wasted paper/printing resources. Please submit only those extra attachments that specifically clarify or bolster the case. If we need additional information, we will request it.
Amount of Request
Contact Person Name
Contact Phone and Email Address
- Summary: Provide a short summary of your proposal (3-5 sentences).
- Mission and History: Briefly describe the organization’s background. We are particularly interested in understanding its track record and expertise in the area for which funds are requested.
- Community Need: What community problem or issue will be addressed? Help us understand the need in terms of scope, severity, impact and evolution/persistence.
- Project Description: Tell us what will be undertaken to address the community need described above. Include a detailed description of strategies, activities and timeline.
- Project Budget: Provide a detailed budget of the complete project (not only the portion covered by this request) including all income and expenses.
- Anticipated Outcomes and Evaluation Plan: Describe the anticipated impact or change that will result from these efforts, as well as the evaluation strategy, tools and timeline.
- Cover Sheet: This page is sent to applicants along with our invitation to submit a full proposal. Please follow the instructions and attach to the front of the application.
- Leadership and Implementation: List of current board members/trustees, and a brief description of relevant qualifications of key project staff members (no resumes or CVs).
- Financials: Copy of the organization’s most recent annual budget and IRS Form 990 (does not need to be included if accessible online via Guidestar).
- IRS Determination: Copy of the organization’s IRS determination letter or other proof of federal tax exempt status.
Submit the completed application via email or hard copy.